Trimble AutoBid Sheetmetal Implementation Training – Featuring OnScreen Takeoff
The Trimble® AutoBid® SheetMetal Implementation training (featuring On-Screen View Takeoff only) will equip students with the skills and knowledge to effectively use the features and functions of the Trimble® AutoBid® SheetMetal estimating application in their work environments.
Must have basic proficiency working in a Windows environment. Basic skills include; system navigation, cut/copy/paste, items, drag/drop items, etc. Previous estimating experience. Students without prior experience are encourage to take online introductory training prior to attending the course.
Who Should Attend
Junior Estimators, Chief Estimators, Senior Estimators, Journeymen, Operational Management, Construction Managers, Project Managers
Students will be introduced to the basics of performing takeoff, generating reports and creating bids. This instructor-led classroom experience combines product demonstrations with hands-on practical exercises. The class duration is three consecutive days.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Effectively navigate Trimble® AutoBid® SheetMetal application.
- Take off ductwork, air distribution items, and duct accessories.
- Modify data tables to accurately reflects the company’s method of doing business.
- Create, edit, and take off symbols, assemblies, and other company-specific takeoff items.
- Effectively generate reports.
- Day 1
- Introduction and Orientation
- Overview of Trimble® AutoBid® SheetMetal
- Introduction to Implementation
- Starting a new project
- Introduction to On-screenview takeoff
- Day 2
- Creating a Rectangular Construction Standard
- Modifying Specification Schedules
- Hanger count
- Continued On-screen view takeoff
- Day 3
- Round and Oval Construction Standards
- Price tables
- Review Global Data Administrator
- Create a Wage Table and a Labor Book
- Backup and Restore
- Implementation Overview
- Setting up the tables