Trimble Accubid Classic Estimating Software Training – Fundamentals
The Trimble® Accubid Classic Estimating software training – Fundamentals course affords participants an opportunity to learn the basic features and functions of Trimble® Accubid Classic Estimating software. The learning objectives will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively use this application in their workplaces.
Must have basic proficiency working in a Windows environment. Basic skills include; system navigation, cut/copy/paste, items, drag/drop items, etc. Previous estimating experience.
Who Should Attend
Junior Estimators, Chief Estimators, Senior Estimators, Construction Managers
The instruction takes place in an instructor-led classroom with an approach that effectively combines demonstrations with hands-on practical exercises to reinforce learning. The instruction is delivered over 2 consecutive days.
Upon successful completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the workflow through Trimble® Accubid Classic Estimating software.
- Create and modify default jobs.
- Create and complete new estimate job files.
- Understand and navigate the item and common assembly databases.
- Perform takeoff using 8 of the available modes of takeoff.
- Understand and perform functions within the Extension screen.
- Understand the bid closing screens and their functions: Direct Labor through to Quoted Material.
- Understand the Final Pricing screen.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Trimble® Accubid Classic Estimating Software
- Schedule screen
- Navigating through Trimble® Accubid software
- Module 2 - Understanding the database
- Item and common assembly database
- Item database structure
- Database item fields
- Common assembly structure
- Module 3 - Starting a new estimate
- The default job
- Job Schedule screen
- The Job Information screen
- The Notes screen
- Module 4 - Takeoff screen
- The Takeoff screen
- The breakdown area and selecting the takeoff breakdown
- Labor Factor breakdown
- Creating a typical breakdown
- Takeoff process workflow
- Subcontractors screen
- The Takeoff libraries
- Module 5 - Audit trail
- The Audit Trail
- Filtering the Audit Trail
- Modifying takeoffs in the Audit Trail
- Copying and pasting takeoffs
- Reassigning takeoff breakdowns
- Substituting items in takeoff
- Substituting assemblies in takeoff
- Performing a power substitution
- Module 6 - Extension screen
- Exploring the Extension Screen
- Consolidated Item view
- Re-extending the job
- Labor columns
- Locking values at Extension
- Grouping the Extension
- Module 7 - Closing a job
- Incorporating labor costs – Direct, Incidental
- Labor Factoring screen
- Labor Escalation
- Indirect Labor
- Adding or modifying subcontractor quotes
- Incorporating General Expenses
- Adding and modifying quoted material quotes
- Closing the bid
- Price Summary screen
- Bid Breakdown screen