Autodesk Product Compatibility
This release of the PipeDesigner 3D software is compatible with the following Autodesk products:
- AutoCAD 2017
- AutoCAD Architecture 2017
- AutoCAD MEP 2017
The software will not work with any other version of these applications. Take note of the following:
- Non-PipeDesigner 3D drawing opened and saved in PipeDesigner 3D no longer tags drawing with PipeDesigner 3D data.
- Upgrading previous version drawings with PipeDesigner 3D entities on a locked layer are upgraded to the new version without issue.
- Disassociate command includes blocks that have been deleted but are still in the block list.
- You can now enable OSNAPs using the shift right click menu when inserting a tee into a pipe.
This release of the PipeDesigner 3D software includes a new report bill of materials for numerous part types that can easily be customized and saved. To access the new reports, go to the new PD3D Tools / Reports ribbon and select Generate Report.
The following report types are available:
- Fitting Bill of Material
- Pipe Bill of Material (Option for Cut Length or Total Length)
- Valve Bill of Material
- Weld Bill of Material
You can customize the report columns by clicking the Configure the visibility and order of the report columns button :
Once a report is selected, click the Run button to select PipeDesigner 3D entities in the model. Once you have done this, the report Preview screen appears:
From the report Preview dialog there are a number of options for printing, page setup, report navigation and zoom, page background and export options.
- Export format options: PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, Text and Image formats.
- Email format options: PDF, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, Text and Image formats.
- Go to the PD3D™ Tools / Reports ribbon panel and select Manage Report Templates.
- Select the report you want to modify and then click Copy. Note – You cannot customize any one of the Standard Reports—you must make a copy of a Standard Report and rename it. Your new Custom Report will be fully editable.
- The copy of the report appears under Custom Reports. To edit the report, click the Edit button.
- Make the required changes in the Custom Report Designer dialog. Note – Report customization is an advanced feature of the PipeDesigner 3D software and Trimble MEP Support may not be able to assist with issues on Custom Reports.
- Inside compass: When you move the part to the desired location and left-click, the PipeDesigner 3D compass displays. When you move your cursor inside the compass, you:
- are limited to 5, 15, 45, or 90 degree increment placements.
- can also enter a rotation angle.
- Outside compass: When you move the part to the desired location and left-click, the PipeDesigner 3D compass displays. When you move your cursor outside the compass, you are not limited on placement rotation. You can now:
- Snap to a PipeDesigner 3D part opening, or any AutoCAD snap, to define the angle of your rotation. Note – This may prove extremely helpful when trying to line up openings.
- Enter a rotation angle.
- Inside/outside compass features: The following applies to both inside and outside the compass:
- As you move your cursor, a tooltip displays showing the current angle.
- An angle entered at the Command Line overrides a compass angle.
- Compass display: In the Options / PipeDesigner 3D System dialog, a new Use Compass When Rotation Fittings check box is now available. When you select this check box, the compass displays when connecting new fitting and/or rotating existing fittings. Note – The check box is selected by default. You can clear it if you do not want to use the compass. This disables the compass globally.