The following enhancements have been added to the DuctDesigner 3D software in this release:
DuctDesigner 3D CAD
DD3D™ Annotate Ribbon
This release of the DuctDesigner 3D software offers a separate DD3D™ Annotate Ribbon. This better organizes workflow by separating tasks in a more logical manner.
Note – The Annotation panels were previously located on the DD3D™ Entities Ribbon.
DD3D™ Tools Ribbon
Access to Trimble Connect is available on the DD3D™ Tools ribbon.
Trimble Connect offers the following:
- Bring your team’s BIM data together in one shared space.
- Put the project’s entire social and transactional history at your fingertips.
- Powerful cloud based technology gets you up and running quickly, with no IT staff or servers.
Dynamic Hanger Blocks
Dynamic Hanger Blocks allow you to insert a hanger block on a duct hanger point, and adjust the dimension automatically to fit the duct size and elevation.
Dynamic hanger blocks are located under DD3D™ Tools/ Field Points / Insert Hanger Blocks. When you select a dynamic hanger block, the Hanger Block Insertion dialog displays additional fields that allow you to specify the rod/strap length(s).
Note – You do not need to specify hanger width.
BTip – If you installed this release of DuctDesigner 3D as an update (and not on a clean machine), refer to the Final Steps on page 14 for details on adding these blocks to your system.
Custom and Object Field Points can now be saved in blocks. These are now included in all Field Point exports.
The oval offset now includes a flip grip. This matches functionality with other offset fittings.
- When the Stretch Grip is selected, you now have the option to stretch the first piece or to connect additional pieces as necessary.
- The Plus Grip now offers the option to add full length pieces of duct only or to add full length pieces and a short piece at the end.
- The Hanger Block Insertion Settings dialog now includes a right-click menu that allows you to refresh the list. This will prove useful when a hanger block drawing previously included in the list is either removed from the folder or the drawing is renamed. Refreshing the list updates all of the “not found” data.
- The rotate grip on rectangular elbows now maintains width and depth sizes more accurately.
- When the Include Wireframe DXF checkbox is selected in the Trimble MEP Export, the Field Point Entity count is now accurately calculated.