Note – This document lists new features/enhancements/modifications according to the following categories:
Enterprise Manager - Features affect the Manager module (database, security, and so on).
Enterprise Estimating - Features are applicable to the Estimating modules
Modifications and Enhancements listed in this section apply to the Enterprise Manager application.
Price/Labor by Weight
The price/labor items by weight feature allows better estimates for structural steel elements within industrial business units.
Tip – Items will not always require both price and labor by weight. The two features operate independently from each other.
Labor by Weight
When laboring by weight, you can bucket items so the proper field labor factor is calculated properly (examples bucket might be Red Steel or Railings). The following modifications have been made within the Enterprise Manager to accommodate this feature:
- In the Database Manager / Selection Lists, you can define the how you want the list presented within grids.
- The option to labor by weight has been added to the Item Group Editor. In the Item Group pane, you can click and select the appropriate Labor Method: Quantity or Weight.
- When you select the Weight option, the Lbr by Wt Category field becomes available. This allows you to select the appropriate category from the list. (The values in this list pull from the Database Manager / Selection Lists module mentioned in the bullet above.)
- On the Items tab in the lower pane in the Item Group Editor, if you select a Lbr by Wt Category, your selection in the Item Group pane automatically populates the Lbr by Wt Category field on the Items tab in the lower pane of the window.
- If you choose to leave the field empty in the Item Group pane, and have selected Weight as your Labor Method, you must select a Lbr by Wt Category on the Items tab for each Attribute. You can click in the Lbr by Wt Category column for each Attribute to select different categories.
- In the Application Manager / My Company under Branch Name, you can click to set Labor factors based on Labor By Weight for each industry/branch.
Price by Weight
The option to price by weight has been added to the Item Group Editor. In the Item Group pane, you can click and select the appropriate Material Pricing Method: Quantity or Weight.
When pricing by weight, you can specify pounds or tons, and how the pricing is handled (for example, per each, hundred, or thousand). This is accomplished through the Item group Editor when the Material Pricing Method is set to Weight. You can then define the Unit of Measure by clicking in the Weight Unit field and selecting the appropriate unit from the list.
Power Search & Update
You now have additional options in the Power Search & Update feature using the following:
- Material Pricing Method
- Labor Pricing Method
- Item Group Weight Category Description
- Weight Unit Description
Items - Item Weight Category Description
[Click to enlarge]
- Additional customized Breakdown Categories can be created in the Application Manager / Custom Labels.
- The number of customized categories you can use in an estimate has been increased to 12 (five standard; seven customized). Refer to the Enterprise Estimating section for more details on this enhancement.
You now have the ability to add multiple folders to specifications. This feature allows you to view and select the folders you want to add to a specification in one step (instead of adding one folder at a time).
[Click to enlarge]
In the Add folders to multiple specification dialog, click > to expand the folder. Double-click on the folder you want to add or click on it one time and then click to move the folder to the right pane.
Tip – If you have add a folder (listed in the right pane), you can easily remove it by clicking the folder you want to remove ant then click <.
- When you select a folder in the Items & Assemblies / Database Tree pane, you can now view notes associated with the items by hovering your mouse over the notes field.
- A user-definable folder structure has been added to the Database Manager / Discount Groups module. This allows for better organization of the groups, making it easier to locate what you are looking for.
- The order of the components in the Security Manager has been changed to allow for a more logical workflow.
Modifications and Enhancements listed in this section apply to the Enterprise Estimating application.
The following has been added to the Extension screen:
- Job Weight Factors - When you click this command on the Extension tab, a dialog opens allowing you to define weight factors for the job field labor.
- Price by Weight - This column is view only. The values are based on entries in the Enterprise Manager / Database Manager / Items & Assemblies / Item Group pane.
- Lbr by Wt Category - If you are laboring an item by weight (as defined in the Enterprise Manager / Database Manager / Items & Assemblies / Item Group Editor), calculated values display in this column.
- Vendor Note - A Vendor Note field has been added to the Extension screen. This allows you to quickly view any notes added to the accepted vendor without opening the Vendor dialog. You can hover your mouse over the field to view any notes added.
- Launch Submittal Manager - This command automatically launches the Trade Service Submittal Manager. The Trade Service Submittal Manager allows you to send technical specifications and data sheets directly to your contractor. It compiles all of the information and then builds your submittal packet, saving you a great deal of time.
Tip – You must subscribe to Trade Services to work with the Submittal Manager. Refer to the Trade Service website for more details on the services available. You can also call (800)701-7003 for information on subscription services.
- Re-Extend Options - A new option, Update Labor by Weight Factors, has been added to the Re-Extend screen.
Breakdown Categories Selection
You can now select the breakdown categories you want to use in your job. In the Job Info screen, when you click in the Breakdown Categories field and then click ,the Breakdown Categories dialog displays.
- You can then select or clear the checkboxes next to the categories you want to use in your job. Your selections display throughout the all screens in the software for the estimate.
- You can reorder the categories in the Job Info / Breakdown Categories dialog. The order you select defines how the breakdowns will show up in other areas of the software.
- Once you have created a takeoff, you are no longer able to modify or reorder the breakdown categories.
Note – The Specification and Labor Factor labels cannot be re-ordered.
Systems / Specifications
This release of the Enterprise software allows you to associate multiple specifications with a system.
In the System dialog, when you click in the Specification column for a system, the field now contains a that allows you to select additional specifications for the selected system.
When you click on this button, a selection dialog opens. You can select or clear the checkboxes next to each specification you want to add to or remove from the selected system.
Tip – When you hover you mouse over the Specification field, a tooltip displays showing all specifications assigned to the system. The default displays first in the tooltip.
[Click to enlarge]
This dialog also allows you to select the default specification you want to associate with the system. Click the option button next to the specification you want to designate as the default. In Takeoff, the default specification displays in the Breakdown field; however, you can click in the field and select another specification from the list.
Two new columns have been added to the Job Items screen:
- Price Code
The addition of these fields simply provides you with information "at-a-glance" in the Takeoff/Job Items module.
Files and Links
You can now drag and drop files and links from anywhere; for example, Desktop, Windows Explorer, from within the application, and so on. Hard Dollar Integration This release of the Enterprise software includes integration with the Hard Dollar software. This allows all data entered in the Enterprise software to pass automatically to the Hard Dollar database. This includes the following:
- Data on the Extension screen
- Breakdowns per item
- ERP codes (if applicable) attached to each takeoff
- The industry for the takeoff item
- Additional data required by Hard Dollar will also be passed
This integration is contained within the Hard Dollar software. There is no user interface required in the Enterprise application.
- If the quantity for a primary takeoff and a sub-takeoff match, and the quantity is changed in the primary takeoff, the sub-takeoff quantity will now change accordingly.
- When you select a takeoff item with a length or quantity, the Enterprise software now automatically uses the quantity/length from the previous item. When working in Designations, you can now associate a website with the item. This is located in the Designation Main Info pane.
When you copy data from an existing project into a new project, you now have the option of also copying the Data and Duration information.
- In the Change Management module, the subject of the RFP will now automatically flow to the PCO or CO when created.
- When you add a CO, you can now see the full name and number of the available PCOs in the Change Order dialog. When you click in the PCO field. a screen displays with a list of the PCOs. This provides more information allowing you to accurately assign the PCO to the CO.