This release of the Vulcan software includes numerous enhancements, including:
Save Scope Sort Order/Shipping List Report
You now have the ability to save the scopes sorting method. This means you no longer need to set each of the scope sort requirements for the shipping list report.
When you have set the desired sort order for your report, click the Save Scope Sort Order checkbox and click OK. The next time you open this Reporting Scopes dialog, the saved sort order displays.
Fonts - The font last used now automatically saves and is displayed the next time you choose the text function. This eliminates the need to select a system font each time you select the text option in the Vulcan software.
Text - The last text entered is automatically saved and displayed the next time you need to enter text. This eliminated the need to re-enter text when position changes are needed.
Instructions Carryover Option
When inputting instructions, the Vulcan software now includes a Carry Over Instructions checkbox. When this checkbox is selected, the current instructions will be applied automatically to the next fittings selected.
This checkbox is also available in the Job Options window in the input module.
Trimble® Field Fitting Input
The Trimble Field Fitting Input setup now allows you to separate date used in the shot versus data sent to the Apple® iPad® application.
Shop Data Export
You can quickly view the data being sent to the export file.
- Export Name - Displays the name and description of the selected TFFI Shop Data Export file
- Description - Describes the export file name
2. Trimble Field Fitting Input Shop Data Export Name List
- Displays the list of existing Shop Data Export files
3. Export Data Processes
- Add - Creates a new Shop Data Export file
- Delete - Deletes existing Shop Data Export files
- Export - Creates a Shop Data Export file (can be e-mailed)
4. Export Data - The options in this pane allows you to select specific options to build your Shop Data File. There are three lists to choose from:
- Fitting Standards - Fitting Standards you would like to attach to the Shop Data Export file
- Scope Collection - Scope Collection you want attached to the Shop Data Export file
- Pressure - Project or Company Specification containing the pressure files attached to the Shop Data Export file
5. Disable Shop Data Editing In TFFI
- disallows shop data modifications the Trimble Field Fitting Input application
TFFI Shop Data Export Dialog
This dialog allows you to create a name (and optional description) for the Shop Data Export file. Additionally, you can specify whether or not to include your Vulcan shop data or copy from an existing Shop Data Export file.
1. Export Name
3. Shop Data Visibility
The Selection panel allows you to specify which fittings to include in the export file.
- Select All Items - Add all selected shop data to the export file
- Select No Items - No shop data is added to the export file
- Copy From Existing File - Copies and then adds all selected shop data to the export file
This window allows you to review your selections before you process the export. You can add/remove items, as well as make various selections in this window.
1. Export Name
Name of the selected Trimble Field Fitting Input Shop Data export
Lists item types found in Vulcan shop data
Lists available items that can be added to the selected export file
List items that have been added to the selected export file
Add - Adds individual items from the Available list to the Selected list Note: Selection required
Add All - Adds all items from the Available list to the Selected list Note: Selection not required
Remove - Removes individual items from the Selected list to the Available list Note: Selection required
Remove All - Removes all items from the Selected list to the Available list Note: Selection not required
The Fittings tab is broken into three sections:
1. Fitting Tree View
This view displays a list of available fittings for the Trimble Field Fitting Input application.
2. Fitting Properties
In this view, you can see the defaults and constrained data for the selected fitting.
3. Fitting Input Picture
This displays a preview of the selected fitting, as well as the input description from Properties pane.
Fitting Tree View Panel
1. Individual Fitting (Enable or Disable)
If checked the selected fitting is not be displayed in the iPad app.
2. Fitting default size for input
Any construction methods associated with the selection displays.
3. Minimum size for input
This functionality insures that the end user will always allow enough straight so the fitting can be fabricated.
4. Maximum size for input
You can now constrain the maximum size of any opening entered on the iPad application.
5. Fitting Seams from the Vulcan fitting defaults
The example in the graphic above illustrates a square throat square heel elbow with a Snaplock for the heel and Pittsburgh for the heel .
6. Fitting Connectors and any Modifiers (for the connector)
The example in the graphic above illustrates the Slip & Drive connector with the drive edge reversed.
7. Fitting Openings
In this panel all the fitting openings are displayed with a letter/number code corresponding to the letter/number code displayed in the Fitting Input Picture panel.
8. Fitting Straights
In this panel all the fitting straights are displayed with a letter/number code corresponding to the letter/number code displayed in the Fitting Input Picture panel.
This tab allows you to view and select scopes that need to be included in the export file.
– Scope Collection Name
– Scope Collection Description
2. Shop Data Export Name List
List of existing Shop Data Export files
– New - Adds Collection Name to the Scope Collection list
– Delete - Removes individual items from the list
Note: Selection required
Available scope filters
5. Scope List
List of existing scopes for each type (filters)
– Name of the selected Scope
– Color - Color selected for the Scope
– Add - Add a new Scope to the Scope list
– Remove - Removes individual Scopes from the list Note: Selection required
– Import - Allows scope import from different projects
Lists existing pressure file names available for export
This release offers three methods to export data from your Vulcan software:
- Export Shop Data Only - This is accomplished in the Vulcan software TFFI Setup module.
- Export Job Only - In the main Vulcan software window, highlight the job and click the Export Field Fitting Input Files button.
- Export Job and Shop Data - In the Export window, select the Export TFFI Shop Data checkbox and then select the appropriate TFFI Shop Data Export File from the menu.
You can now create a Project and Job in the Vulcan software and then export them directly to the Trimble Field Fitting Input software in the iPad.
1. When the Export window opens, the project and job are displayed in blue.
Export Project and Job
2. Types - List of available export formats
3. Selection - Specifies the included fittings in the export file
- All - This option adds all fittings within the selected job to the export file.
- Exclude field verify - When selected, this option adds the fittings marked as Field Verify to the export file.
- Field verify only - This option adds the fittings marked as Field Verify to the export file.
4. TFFI Shop Data Export
Allows you to create an existing Shop Data Export File at the time the job export file is created.