New Features, Enhancements, and Modifications
The following enhancements have been added to the PipeDesigner 3D software in this release.
PipeDesigner 3D CAD
Autodesk Product Compatibility
This release of the PipeDesigner 3D software is compatible with the following
- AutoCAD® 2016
- AutoCAD® Architecture 2016
- AutoCAD® MEP 2016
It will not work with any other version of these applications.
- Trimble Connect (PD3D™ Tools)
Access to Trimble Connect is available on the PD3D™ Tools ribbon.
Trimble Connect offers the following:
- Bring your team’s BIM data together in one shared space.
- Put the project’s entire social and transactional history at your fingertips.
- Powerful cloud based technology gets you up and running quickly, with no IT staff or servers.
- Field Points (PD3D™ Draw)
The Field Points panel has been relocated to the PD3D™ Draw ribbon. This provides better organization and manageability for required drawing processes.
Note - All other panels remain the same.
Additional Hanger sizes are now available in the PipeDesigner 3D software. The sizes have been added to your system automatically. These can be found under PD3D™ Draw / Field Points / Insert Hanger Blocks.
The following modifications are also included in this release of the PipeDesigner 3D software.
- The UCS remains visible when drawing pipe/fittings and switching between Viewports
- When you stretch multiple pipes that connect to other pipes, the connections are retained as expected.
- When you draw a route line with a slope explicitly set from the command line, you can now snap to an object without changing the elevation of the route line.
- Routing Points are now inserted on sloped route lines as expected. In previous releases, points may have been skipped from time-to-time.
- Running the Trimble MEP Export with the Include W ireframe DXF now produces the Field Points Selected count expected.