- The Let’s Get Started document provides abbreviated steps required to install this update. While this document provides some information, it is not all-inclusive.
- The Update Installation Instructions document is available under the Printed Documentation link on the installation DVD. Trimble recommends that you print, review, and follow the instructions to ensure that the PipeDesigner 3D program runs properly after installation.
- Trimble also highly recommends that you review the ReadMe document, which is available on the PipeDesigner 3D installation DVD. This document contains additional helpful information pertaining to this release.
- Print and review the Important Backward Compatibility Notice.
This release of PipeDesigner 3D® incorporates compatibility with the following Autodesk 2015 suite of products:
- AutoCAD® 2015
- AutoCAD® MEP 2015
- AutoCAD® Architecture 2015
This version of PipeDesigner 3D is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
Your version of AutoCAD must correspond with the proper version of PipeDesigner 3D, as well as the operating system (32 or 64 bit).
- On drawings created in previous versions where pipe and fitting colors were overridden in automatic layer settings, colors are now retained when the drawings are upgraded to the current version.
- When selecting a PipeDesigner 3D item and then running the Part Query command from the right-click menu, the item is deselected when the Party Query is closed.
- In some cases, connections between PipeDesigner 3D entities became unstable. When you open these drawings in release 2015.1, the software attempts to stabilize those connections. Messages display in the Command Line when this occurs.