The following enhancements have been added to the DuctDesigner 3D software in this release.
DuctDesigner 3D CAD
Autodesk Product Compatibility
This release of the DuctDesigner 3D (DD3D) software is compatible with the following Autodesk products:
- AutoCAD 2017
- AutoCAD Architecture 2017
- AutoCAD MEP 2017
The software will not work with any other version of these applications. Improvements to this release include:
- Patent-pending compass, added in release 2017 v1 for 3D placement and rotation of DuctDesigner 3D objects, has been enhanced in 2017 v2 for handling rotation, multiple views and view directions.
- Client Export improvements, that drills into blocks and removes DuctDesigner 3D data, so no call to the DD3D viewer is made during the opening of the exported drawing file. Also, Client Export now only includes annotations from the selected viewport.
- Issues of annotations moving to automatic placement location have been resolved.
- Issues with duct Width and Depth dimensions sometimes swapping after elevation changes have been resolved.
- Recover command changes, to support AutoCAD 2017 service pack 1.
- The issue of DD3D drawings containing lined duct not allowing the Save command has been resolved with AutoCAD 2017 SP 1. (The workaround was to turn high-quality graphics off with HQGEOM=0.)
This release of the DuctDesigner 3D software includes a completely redesigned reporting engine and reporting capability. All your favorite reports are here with improvements and new reports added. The reporting set supports filtering by floor, room and zone, as well as the selection of duct shapes and purchasing information. All the included reports can be saved and customized to your company standards.
The following report types are available:
- Air Distribution
- Duct Accessory
- Field Report
- Flex Duct
- Spin In
- Spiral Duct
To customize the report columns, select (Configure the visibility and order of the report columns button). The Configure Report Columns dialog appears:
Once a report is selected, click Run to select DuctDesigner 3D entities in the model. The report Preview screen appears:
From the report Preview dialog there are a number of options for printing, page setup, report navigation and zoom, page background and export options:
- Export format options: PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, Text and Image formats.
- Email format options: PDF, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, Text and Image formats. To customize reports:
- From the DD3D™ Tools / Tools ribbon panel, select Manage Report Templates.
- Select the report you want to modify and then click Copy. After copying and naming the report, click Edit. Note – You cannot customize any one of the Standard Reports—you must make a copy of a Standard Report and rename it. Your new Custom Report will be fully editable.
- The copy of the report appears under Custom Reports. To edit the report, click Edit
- Make the required changes in the Custom Report Designer dialog. Note – Report customization is an advanced feature of the DuctDesigner 3D software and Trimble MEP Support may not be able to assist with issues on Custom Reports.
With this release of the DuctDesigner 3D software you can swap width and height dimensions during, or after creating a duct piece:
- Click the X to switch width and height dimensions
Note – For a duct already drawn, only one piece can be changed at a time.