The following modifications and enhancements have been added to the DuctDesigner 3D software in this release.
- Watch the "What's New" video on this release.
- Download the full release notes on the right.
DuctDesigner 3D CAD
Liner on Round Duct/Fittings
You now have the ability to add liner to round duct and fittings (on the Defaults tab).
- This feature is similar to adding liner to rectangular duct/fittings; however, a default liner is not defined. You must click and then select the liner you wish to use.
- You can also add liner to existing round duct and fittings under DD3D™ Entities / Liner. This command also allows you to remove liner from round duct/fittings when necessary.
This release of DuctDesigner 3D includes an enhanced compass for rotating fittings. The enhanced compass offers the following:
- Inside Compass - When you move the part to the desired location and left-click, the DuctDesigner 3D compass displays. When you move your cursor inside the compass, you:
- Are limited to 5, 15, 45, or 90 degree increment placements.
- Can also type in a rotation angle.
- Outside Compass - When you move the part to the desired location and left-click, the DuctDesigner 3D compass displays. When you move your cursor outside the compass, you are not limited on placement rotation. You can:
- Snap to a DuctDesigner 3D part opening, or any AutoCAD snap, to define the angle of your rotation. Note: This may prove extremely helpful when trying to line up openings.
- Type in a rotation angle
- Inside/Outside Compass Features - The following apply to both inside and outside the compass.
- As you move your cursor, a tooltip displays showing the current angle.
- An angle entered at the Command Line overrides a compass angle.
- Compass Display - In the Options / DuctDesigner 3D System dialog, a new Use Compass When Rotation Fittings checkbox is available. Selecting this checkbox displays the compass when connecting new fitting and/or rotating existing fittings.
Note – This checkbox is selected by default. You can clear it if you do not want to use the compass. This disables the compass globally.
Select Duct Run/Select Duct Run with Branches
New commands are now available on the right-click menu that allow you to select a run of duct or a run of duct with branches.
Note – You must first click on an item before going to the menu command(s).
Select Duct Run
- All connected entities on a main trunk run are selected.
- Taps and branches from taps are not selected
Select Duct Run With Branches
- All connected entities on a main trunk are selected.
- All taps and branches from taps are also selected.
These commands make it easier to perform certain functions, such as moving or copying entire runs of duct.
Flip (Rotate) Grip
The flip (rotate) grip has been enhanced allowing you to specify an angle using a compass. When you select a fitting and then click the flip grip, a compass displays. You can change the angle of the fitting using the compass.
Note – For rectangular and oval duct and fittings, the compass displays only 90 degree increments.
BTip – If the Use Compass When Rotating Fittings checkbox is cleared (under Options / DuctDesigner 3D System), the grip works as it did in previous releases of the software.
You can now annotate the radius on more fittings, including both branches on rectangular fittings with multiple branches (Wye branches and Wye). The following fittings are affected:
- Radius Throat/Radius Heel Rectangular Wye Branch
- Radius Throat/Square Heel Rectangular Wye Branch
- Radius Throat/Radius Heel Rectangular Tee
- Radius Throat/Square Heel Rectangular Tee
- Radius Throat/Rectangular Wye
When you select one of these fittings, you will be prompted for the radius you wish to annotate. You simply select the edge of the fitting for placement. The DuctDesigner 3D application determines what you wish to annotate based on this selection.
Hanger Point Annotations
This release of the DuctDesigner 3D software allows you to place hanger point annotations as you place them. This feature must first be activated under Options / DuctDesigner 3D Annotation.
When activated, as you place Hanger Points, annotations are automatically added to the point (as defined in the Insert Hanger Points dialog).
Liner/Double wall Annotations
A new Inside Size annotation command is now available under DD3D™ Annotate / Annotations. This allows you to add annotations to the inside of lined and/or double wall duct.
Opening Size (Size)
Under DD3D™ Annotate / Annotations, the Size label has been modified to read Opening Size. This is consistent with other references throughout the DuctDesigner 3D application.
The following modifications have been made to the Annotate with Automatic Placement dialog (under DD3D™ Annotations / Auto Annotate).
- A Hanger Point checkbox has been added to this dialog (in conjunction with theHangerPointannotationenhancements).Whenthischeckboxisselected and you then select your run, the existing hanger points are automatically annotated(asdefinedintheInsert Hanger Points dialog).
- An Inside Opening Size checkboxisnowavailableinthisdialog.Whenthis checkbox is selected and you then select your run, lined/double wall objectsareautomaticallyannotated.
Set Dashboard Options
New commands have been added to the right-click (pop-up menu). These menu commands behave in the same manner as the match buttons on the DD3D™ Dashboard. When you click on a part and then select DuctDesigner 3D on the menu, the following commands are available:
Set Dashboard System
Set Dashboard System and Pressure
- Set Dashboard System, Pressure and Wall
The order of the Point Filters (under DD3D™ Tools / Point Filters)now matches the order set in other Trimble 3D CAD products.
When you need to modify a scope, you can now select the entity first and then go to DD3D™ Entities / Scope.
Note – In previous versions, you had to select the command first and then the entity.
From time-to-time, upgrading a DuctDesigner 3D drawing created in a previous version may not upgrade properly when opened/saved. This required another upgrade when the drawing was opened a second time. This issue has been corrected.