This document lists new features and modifications in the Trimble Accubid Classic products.
- Reverse Takeoffs now display in a different color in the Audit Trial. (The default color is orange,) If desired, you can change the default color scheme under Settings / Options / Appearance.
- When you take off a temporary assembly and then copy the takeoff from one job to another, a new checkbox Retain prices from copied item(s) is now available. This checkbox is selected by default.
- When you edit a Designation in a sub-takeoff, and the master is linked to the LiveCount software, a message now displays advising you that these changes apply to the sub job only. You will need to resync the jobs for changes to apply to the master job.
- Copying and pasting takeoffs now saves as expected with no further interaction.
Note – You must have the Save automatically after every takeoff option button selected under Settings / Options / Auto Save / Backup selected to ensure proper saving.
- When you insert a row on any labor tabs, all cost allocation values are now empty (rather than populating with the values from the row above). This allows you to allocate costs based on job requirements.
The following modifications relate to interaction with the Trimble Accubid Classic Estimating software only. For specific LiveCount enhancements, refer to the separate Trimble® Accubid LiveCount Release Notes document.
- When you want to change the assigned Takeoff Breakdown for several items while working in the LiveCount software:
- Click the Multiple-Select command on the toolbar, and then select the items in the drawing.
- Right-click and select Edit Work Breakdowns in Estimating from the pop- up menu.
- The Change Breakdown dialog in the Classic Estimating software opens. Change your breakdown and then click OK.
- When you take off a Designation in the LiveCount software, the Audit Trail in the estimate is updated automatically. A manual resync to refresh quantities is no longer necessary.
- Modified values in sub-assemblies with both length and count values now properly update in the Classic Estimating software.
- When you edit the Labor Adj % field, the edited value now correctly displays blue on-screen.
This allows you to quickly view values that have been manually modified.
- When you group the Extension by Phase/Unit, calculations in the Totals fields now use the same calculation and rounding methods as other views/groups. Values now agree, regardless of the view you are using.
Key Indicators Screen
- The Average Crew Size field has been added to the Key Indicators screen. This field averages the workers required based on the number of man hours for the project.
- The Direct Labor/Indirect Labor Burden & Fringes rows are now available on the Key Indicators screen.
Bid Summary Screen
In the Combined Bid Summaries screen, values for certain fields now accurately calculate averages (rather than totals). These fields include:
- Labor Risk Ratio
- Price Per Unit Area
- Labor Hours Per Unit Area
- Average Labor Cost Per Hour
- General Expenses Per Hour
Bid Breakdown Screen
- Markup for Quoted Material is now being calculated as expected.
Note – You must select the Apply Overhead and Markup on tax checkbox in the Job Info screen for this to work properly.
- You now have the ability to sort data in the Select Project dialog by clicking on any header. An arrow displays in the selected header illustrating the direction of the sort (ascending or descending).
- A Setup button is now available in the report print preview screen.
- Clicking this button returns you to the Report Setup dialog, allowing you to make changes to your report prior to printing.
- Using the Job / Print Screens command now produces results as expected in the printed document (no longer repeats some fields).
Time & Material Billing
• From time-to-time, when creating a new job in the Time & Material Billing application was slow. This process has been enhanced to provide for faster job creation.
- The Total Material and Total Hours fields in the Extension screen now rounds totals as expected.
- Job terms now display in a Time & Material invoice, as expected.
- Text formatting set on the Notes tab now carries over to the print preview/printed report (including bulleted items).
- On the Unit Prices tab, you can now edit the Unit Price fields, if required.
- When you set the work order status to complete, no further modifications can be made. Occasionally, the bulk of the work may be complete, but additional smaller tasks may still be required. A confirmation message now displays when you attempt to set the status to complete. This provides the opportunity for you to review the work order to ensure all tasks are finished prior to closing it in the software.
- When you assign a Job type to Quote Inspection, the option now also displays in the Export Jobs and Export To Accounting dialogs (under the Job menu).
- When you export a job that includes a credit, the credit now displays properly in the resulting file (as expected).
- Modifications to accounting package selections are included in this release:
- PeachTree renamed to Sage 50
- Timberline renamed to Sage 300
- AccPac removed (now covered by Sage 300)
- Note: We have renamed the PeachTree and Timberline selections to match the current software naming conventions.
- When exporting a job to Microsoft® Project, the mpp file format is now being used. The mpx format continues to be available.
- When you create a filter and subsequently save it and then reopen the filter, full editing capabilities are now available in the dialog.
- Enhanced controls have been put in place to preclude the entry of invalid date in the filter dialog (for example, entering invalid dates).
- You can now select custom fields in the filter dialog.
- Reports now display subtotal breakdowns for labor, material, general expenses, subcontractors, and unit prices.
- You can change the name of the report/work order prior to printing.
- The Billing/Site Address information now displays the country in reports.
- Client names can now be up to 128 characters (displaying at 64 characters). An ellipsis displays to indicate additional characters are present.
- A job is now automatically selected in the Job Schedule screen when you first open the T ime & Material Billing application.
- When a signature is obtained on a mobile device, the signature now fully displays on the Time & Material Billing report.
- When you add items from the catalog on the Work Management mobile device, the items display in the Time & Material Billing software according to database order (rather than how they were added on the mobile device).
- When you edit Sort Code or Label descriptions, and the database is set to read-only, a message displays on-screen. Modifications cannot be saved in a read-only database.
- When performing the Update WorkManagement Job Status function, all tasks with a historical status will now be set to complete.
- When you make changes to Labels in the Database Manager (under Edit / Labels), modifications are now automatically recognized when the manager is closed and reopened.
- Database queries will not successfully run when selecting the Quick Takeoff Code option in the Edit Query dialog.
- NECA Labor
You now have the option to update NECA Labor Rate Columns (applies to both
Classic Estimating/ChangeOrder and T ime & Material Billing software applications).
Note – This feature requires that you have a valid TRA-SER® Electrical subscription (Trade Service) .
- If you are upgrading from a Classic software originally installed as version 5.0 or newer, you can run the DatabaseLaborUpdate.exe file to add the NECA TRA-SER PIK Codes* to your updated software. The Database Labor Update file is installed with your Classic and Time & Material applications, as follows:
Classic Estimating/ChangeOrder Applications
You can find the file in the folder where you installed the Classic Estimating or ChangeOrder software. By default, this will be in the your Program Files (x86) folder under Trimble\Classic 13.
Time & Material Billing Software
You can find the file in the folder where you installed the Time & Material Billing application. By default this will be iin your Program Files (x86) folder under the Trimble\Time & Material Billing 13
- If you are upgrading from a Classic version prior to 5.0, assistance from a MEP Client Services is required. See page 16 for contact information.
Tip – If you do not know which version of the software was originally installed, a message pops up if the database is older than version 5.0 when you run the database update file.
*National Electrical Contractors Association > TRA-SER Permanent Identification Key Codes
- Trimble® Integrator - You can now export data to the V ista™ by V iewpoint software.
- QuotePad Print Preview - Text format now displays on-screen consistently; corresponding to the printed report.
- LiveCount™ - Additional modifications have been made to the LiveCount software. Refer to the separate LiveCount Release Notes document for a detailed overview of the enhancements/modifications.