- Support for Autodesk 2018 Products
- This release supports Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2018 and Autodesk Revit 2018 software. It was primarily tested using AutoCAD MEP 2018 Version 220.127.116.11 and Autodesk Revit 2018 Version 18.104.22.1680.2299]
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- The software was primarily tested with Microsoft SQL Server version 2016. It is also supported under Microsoft SQL Server Versions 2008 R2, 2012, and 2014.
- Note: Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016 is new in Version 8.0.
- Prior to Version 8.0, the EC Design to Fabrication software was only supported with Microsoft SQL server Version 2008 R2. While there is no need to upgrade to a later version of SQL server to work with Version 8.0 we do recommend planning your upgrade to a newer version of SQL server.
- Note: Microsoft SQL Server is not backwards compatible. The database that ships with our program is version 2008 R2. Once you attach it to a newer version of SQL server you will not be able to attach or use it with an earlier version of SQL. Make backups of your database and plan accordingly before moving to a newer version of SQL.
- EC Design to Fabrication software now ships with the installer for SQL Server Express 2016. This version is recommended for all new installations.
- For those customers migrating to a newer version of SQL Server, we recommend that you first upgrade your software completely to Version 8.0 and then migrate your Version 8.0 database to the newer version of SQL Server.
- Support for Microsoft Windows 10
- The software was primarily tested under the Windows 10 64-bit operating system. It is also supported under Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
- Note: Support for Windows 10 is new in Version 8.0.
- HASP Key License Update
- A HASP key license update will be required for use with this version. The HASP key update must be done first, before updating the software components. Refer to the Upgrade Installation Guide or contact Customer Support for information on how to obtain and apply HASP key license updates before upgrading the software.
- PartManager Catalog Improvements
Version 8.0 includes new functionality to aid in managing your duct and pipe catalogs for use in AutoCAD MEP. The abilities to clone and reorder catalogs have been added to the program. The ability to reorder your catalogs will help keep your catalogs well organized while the ability to clone catalogs will make it much easier to create new catalogs using a previous catalog as a starting point.
- PartManager File Import and Export
Version 8.0 adds the ability to in PartManager to be able to export and import the following file types:
- Environment Configuration Files
- Manufacturer Default Files
- Specification Files
- PartManager Catalog Files
The ability to export and import these file types provides the option to store or archive project data. Should you want to work on the archived project later you can import the necessary files to work with that project.
- Updated Pipe Content
New Bonney Forge Forged Fittings and Unions and Bonney Forge Branch Connections manufacturer product lines have been added to the system.
- Support for Vicon Spiral Pipe Cutting System
DuctMaker now integrates with the Vicon Spiral Pipe Cutting System. Any Round Spiral or Round Spiral Rib duct with Tap, Panel, or Access holes can now be exported out of DuctMaker. The Vicon Spiral Pipe Cutting System can then be used to cut the Tap, Panel, and Access holes in the round duct.
To export the Round Spiral or Spiral Rib duct that contains holes from DuctMaker you select the Vicon Cutter Export button from the Details screen in DuctMaker.
This will create an XML file that can be loaded into the Vicon Spiral Pipe Cutting System.
- Flip Label Bend Instructions
A new option named Flip Label Bend Instructions has been added to the Shop Policies that allows you to flip the bend instructions that are provided on the 2D Labels. If you are placing the label on the inside of the duct for example it may be better to have these instructions flipped.