Is it possible to move a standalone license to a network?
When merging licenses, first you need to make sure you run a Web License Update on the devices that you are removing licenses from. This will make these licenses available to be transferred to the new device.
Tip: You may need assistance from your IT Professional to complete these procedures.
Move Classic Accubid Pro license from device A to B
- Run web license update on device A first – this will remove Accubid Pro license from device A
- Run web license update on device B – This will import Accubid Pro license onto device B
Tip: You will have to run step 1 above for each device on which you are removing a license(s). After all devices, that you are removing licenses from, have been ‘wiped’, you can run “step 2”, which would be the destination device (server key).
Install the Server Key
Install the Accubid Security Server 2.6 (download link provided below), and run it with the HASP key (USB license) plugged into the machine.
- Download: http://db.tt/zDjKtzgL
- Run this registry fix: http://db.tt/vqc0ptzY
- When complete, restart your computer.
If the TCP/IP checkbox is not selected in your License Administrator, follow the next steps:
- Go to: C:\Program Files\Accubid\Accubid Security and run SecurityTrayIcon2.exe.
You must run this program as the Administrator.
This will place a gold lock icon on your systray (bottom right of your screen.
- Right click on it and Change Security Settings.
The service will stop, and it will allow you to tick the TCP/IP box to allow network broadcast
Prerequisites for some setups:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Workstation License Address
After you have completed the above steps, you will need to point each workstation to the server to obtain a license.
- When opening up Accubid, the Security Server Not Found message displays.
- Select “Change the program security settings”
- In the Security Setting dialog, click Connect to a specific network security server.
- Enter the name/location of your server in the Server Address field.