How do I backup my Enterprise database?
- Begin by opening the SQL Server Management Studio. Go to the Start menu and locate the program.
You can go to Run and then enter ssms. Click OK.
Please be patient as this may take several seconds to load.
- Depending on your server and instance name, you can use localhost if you are directly on the server.
- Expand your SQL Server instance and expand the Databases directory.
Right-click on your Enterprise database > Tasks > Back Up...
- Enable Backup type Copy-only Backup to avoid backing up the logs. At the botto on the scren, select Disk and click Remove.
- The default backup path no longer displays. Click Add... to specify a backup path.
- Click on the ellipsis button (...) to browse to a backup path.
- Browse to the path and enter a filename ending with .bak and click OK.
- Confirm the backup path and click OK.
- Click OK to start the backup process. Depending on the size of your database, the backup process may take a while to complete. Please be patient.Tip - You can check the backup process on the bottom left of this screen.
- When the back is complete, click OK.
- Check to make sure the backup was actually created.
- Right-click on the backup file and Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder to compress the backup.
Tip - Trimble recommends you compress your file to save space on hard drive and reduce uploading times.