Participants will learn proven principles and methodologies of electrical estimating through a range of topics such as; creating and applying estimate breakdowns, takeoffs of common systems and items, such as fixtures, distribution, feeder and branch wiring and devices and closing a bid.
Participants are required to submit a completed bid at the end of the course. This bid will be the primary means of measuring performance and determining success.
The entire course is delivered via the internet with ten daily sessions that span two consecutive weeks. This internet-based instructional approach delivers a superior learning experience with higher subject retention. Participants are introduced to concepts through demonstrations, which are then followed by practical hands-on exercises. Participants have 24 hour access to virtual workstations equipped with Trimble Accubid Estimating and LiveCount software tools for the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the tasks that comprise the estimating process.
- Accurately describe and review bid documents (i.e. drawings, specifications, bid form and addenda)
- Demonstrate procedures to setting up an estimate.
- Describe the importance of breaking down an estimate into logical and functional breakdowns.
- Correctly perform takeoff of materials in common systems using a systematic approach that emphasizes attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly modify takeoff quantities and items.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of extending material pricing and labor unit values to an accumulated bill of materials.
- Accurately account for costs of all applicable labor (direct, indirect and incidental), general expenses, subcontractors and quoted material items.
- Demonstrate the ability to submit a final bid which accurately accounts for all costs, overhead and profit.
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency in the use of Trimble Accubid estimating and Trimble Accubid LiveCount software.
- Complete a bid using the Final Pricing Screen