Participants will learn to apply proven principles and methodologies of electrical estimating in an instructor-led, hands-on approach. The topics covered focus on key tasks of proven estimating method such as; creating and applying estimate breakdowns, takeoffs of common systems and items, such as fixtures, distribution, feeder and branch wiring and devices. Participants will use Trimble Accubid Estimating and LiveCount software tools to accomplish course learning objectives.
By the end of the course, participants are expected to submit a bid along with their peers. A student’s performance will be assessed primarily through the bid they submit along with other submitted assignments.
The course is delivered over 4 consecutive days as well as a web-based introduction at course commencement. This blended method of combining face-to-face instruction with internet-based instruction promises a greater learning experience with higher retention.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the tasks that comprise the estimating process.
- Accurately describe and review bid documents (i.e. drawings, specifications, bid form and addenda)
- Demonstrate procedures to setting up an estimate.
- Describe the importance of breaking down an estimate into logical and functional breakdowns.
- Correctly perform takeoff of materials in common systems using a systematic approach that emphasizes attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly modify takeoff quantities and items.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of extending material pricing and labor unit values to an accumulated bill of materials.
- Accurately account for costs of all applicable labor (direct, indirect and incidental), general expenses, subcontractors and quoted material items.
- Demonstrate the ability to submit a final bid which accurately accounts for all costs, overhead and profit.
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency in the use of Trimble Accubid estimating and Trimble Accubid LiveCount software.